Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Starting Up again

This year we're getting a head start on our garden! God willing, it will turn out better than last year! I made this plan of our garden.


 
Started, means that I have planted in seed planters, but NOT in the main garden area.
Sprouted, is kind of obvious, it just means that, the seeds have sprouted (in the planters or garden).
Planted, means that I have planted the seeds or sprouts in the main garden area.
Harvested, means that I have harvested the first fruits.

This year we are doing things a little differently than in previous years. We are going to plant all of our herbs and spices in seperate planters up on the deck. Also I hope to grow broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkin, celery, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and other things that I have never grown before! Another change is that, Eden and Angelina are going to be in charge of box #3! Eden has the "lower" half and Angelina has the "upper" half. The dotted line is the half mark. I'll be posting about their progress as well.

Yesterday we went to Home Depot to buy seed planters and some seeds we needed. I took pictures, but my camera cord is missing so I can't post them right now. I WILL as soon as I find it.
When we were there we decided not to get the berry starts because we weren't exactly sure how many we wanted.

In #1 there is a section labelled "Squash". The reason for that is that we bought a pack seeds that is a mix of four different kinds of squash; Delicata, Burgess Buttercup, Vegeteble Spaghetti, and Waltham Butternut. It will be fun to see wich ones we get!

I hope to post every time something new happens in Our Garden.
Nicole S. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment